Saturday, October 8, 2011

SC3 Wrap-up and New Art

So for the the SC3 Arcade Party I mentioned in the previous blog entry last Saturday, I created two new pieces, played some awesome classic arcade games, witnessed some creative game art, and listened to some great chiptune music! It was an overall great event, and I finally got the chance to play real arcade games at the closes thing to an arcade I'll ever get. I usually had to wait to play them at home on my computer or console at my cousins house. Keep checking the SC3 and Pixeldrip Gallery page for updates and pics.

"White 'Light' Mage"
No matter the Final Fantasy, my favorite classes/jobs are Red Mages and White Mages. But The most iconic is the White Mage's white cape with red triangular lining. And when I was a kid, I always believed when I used my White Mage, she was literally only wearing that cape, so here's my interpretation of the lovely red head. Oh and myth be told, when she casts Paralyze, she just flashes them =P


"Oh My Chun-li (SFII)"
Since I recently revamped my "Oh My Chun-li" piece, I didn't want it to go un-noticed, so I revamped her again! In her Original Street Fighter II Outfit she debuted in =) BTW, this is how she trains for her ever impressive Lightning Kick

The show required art from games aged 1991 and under. So I picked two of my favorites =) I wanted to make more from Prince of Persia, Metroid, and Legend of Zelda, but ran out of time.

They'll be another show coming up Oct. 22nd with R-Cade Games and PixelDrip Gallery. I'll have my "Oh My Morrigan" piece showing again, but sadly I can't attend. I'll be out at BLIZZCON! I hope to have some new Silent Hill/Fatal Frame pieces made for the show, but it's still going to be a great show with an awesome lineup of games and art! Here's the event info: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183697881708162

I hope to update more soon, and thank you for reading!

No comments: